LA GRU is a specialized consultant in marine and contractual liability insurances and relevant claims handler
We check client’s needs and suggest the risks to be covered. We issue regular statistical reports on claims and deductibles, supported by a cost analysis of the accidents and the prevention measures to be adopted. At the request of the insurers at the moment of accepting a risk we are also prepared to visit the premises of the assured in order to establish jointly the state of the safety measures and procedures in force aimed to prevent accidents, property damages and to protect environment.
Our analysis is aimed to establish:
- The most frequent causes of accidents and how to avoid them;
- The most problematic customers and/or suppliers;
- The cheapest and most efficient loss prevention package to be adopted;
- The security measures to be adopted and the suggested lines of conduct.
We have frequent contacts with legal advisors in order to:
- Have prompt informal legal advice;
- Suggest the best practices in case of disputes;
- Evaluate in the most favorable way to the insured the clauses governing contractual terms.
3. Speed up the handling of claims
- Immediately intervene and open the insurance practice with the insurance company;
- Provide a preliminary report on what happened;
- Get our suggestions on what to do;
- Maintain relations with complainants;
- Take witnesses of the people present to the fact;
- Involve specialists when necessary for the best defense of the assured;
- Draw up an initial damage assessment.
4. Define the complaints
- Collects the necessary documents and the insurer’s file number;
- Follows “step by step” the requests of the complainants;
- Safeguards redress actions;
- Looks for a possible amicable solution to the complaint.
5. Training and loss prevention
We organize seminars on responsibilities related to the policyholders activity in order to improve the working culture of employees and develop the best working practice and the controls that employees must have in carrying out their business.